Goal: Energy Conservation – Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 5% or more by 2020
(1) Electricity, fuel and propane use
(2) Water consumption
(3) Vehicle use within, and to/from the Resort
(4) Annual waste production, both solid and hazardous waste
(5) Fuel/petrochemical spills
(6) Total CO2 emissions
Goal: Waste Management: Reduce Municipal solid waste volumes by 10% or more by 2020.
JHMR recycles the following consumer products:
- JHMR collects all of our fluorescent bulbs and sends them to Jackson Community Recycling where they are processed with a ‘bulb eater' which crushes the glass and separates out the mercury.
- JHMR sends our computers to Guaranteed Recycling Xperts in Denver which processes the computers on-site rather than sending them on to Asia where toxic parts can be carelessly discarded when the computers are disassembled. The in-country disassembling costs almost four times (about $40 per computer) as much as out-of-the-country disassembling and recycling, but is worth it for the integrity of the process.
- For our printed products, such as trail maps and brochures, we now request that all of our printers give quotes for the product using non-chlorine bleached paper with post-consumer content. We are also replacing all of our toilet paper, paper towels, tissues and napkins with at least 15% post-consumer waste unbleached paper products.