Mountain Sports School Employment
Welcome Instructor Applicants!
If you are interested in teaching skiing or snowboarding on one of most unique mountains in North America you've come to the right place!
Our Mission Statement says it all, "We Enrich Lives. We Create Memories" and working here makes it easy to deliver on that promise. As a Mountain Sports School employee you will have the opportunity to guide our guests to experiences that can only be found on a mountain like ours.
For the 2018- 2019 season, we will be hiring full time, part time and holiday instructors.
Watch this video to learn more about the perfect job...
Have Certifications? We hire all levels of certified instructors PSIA, AASI and equivalent. Tell us all about it in your application.
No Certifications? No problem! If you have relevant teaching or guiding experience, have worked with kids, or are an accomplished skier/rider you may be eligible for pre-hire. Please outline this experience in detail on your application so we can assess accordingly. The mandatory placement clinic is November 25th-27th.
Instructor applicants should possess the following traits:
- A strong desire to enrich the lives of others
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- The desire to teach students of all ages
- Internally motivated to do a job well while striving to attain a higher level of professionalism
- The ability to demonstrate active leadership
- Exhibit sound decision-making with an emphasis on individual and group safety
- Instructor base wages start at $12.00 per hour and increase based on certification and experience. In addition, incentives are paid at $1.75 per hour per student for classes, $5.00 per hour for assigned private lessons and $10.00 per hour for requested private lessons.
- Hours per week can vary depending on whether it is peak or regular season. We anticipate strong business volumes through the end of March and into the first week of April
- We offer training throughout the season for all of the instructors at Jackson Hole Mountain Sports School (JHMSS).
- If you have any further questions, or wish to continue to pursue employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in applying?
Instructor Placement Workshop November 25th-27th
New hire training (Mandatory) December 1st-4th
Training for Newly Hired Certified instructors TBD
Holiday Rush: December 17, 2017 - January 2, 2019
President's Week: February 17-25, 2019
Spring Break: March 17 - April 2, 2019
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Director, Mountain Sports School