Reservation RequiredBook Now
Via Ferrata is Jackson Hole Mountain Resort's guided climbing experience. Let our knowledgeable guides lead you on a climbing adventure through the high alpine terrain at Jackson Hole. This memorable experience takes you above the valley floor, across suspended bridges and along granite walls. Via Ferrata is perfect for families, groups or individuals 10 years of age or older.
For bookings and inquries, please email email@example.com for more info.
Call for more information 307-739-2797.
SURROUND YOURSELF IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH AN UNFORGETTABLE GUIDED EXPERIENCE
Via Ferrata 2.0
New Routes Blog
Click map to enlarge
WATCH OUR NEW VIA FERRATA 2.0 VIDEO:
Experience the Via Ferrata
What is a Via Ferrata?
Via Ferrata, translated as "iron way," dates back to WWI. Italian soldiers built via ferratas to safely traverse mountain passes. The recreational use of via ferratas is a staple in the Alps for summer adventure, and Jackson Hole is excited to bring this experience to the Tetons. In this activity, climbers are secured to cables to limit the risk typically associated with unprotected scrambling and climbing. The routes also have aids, such as iron rungs, pegs, carved steps and suspended bridges.
Explore the Routes
There are more than six routes varying in difficulty from introductory zone to more exposed, steep routes. The longest is more than 500 vertical feet and all routes can include a breathtaking experience crossing the 120-foot suspension bridge.
1. Gateway Area - These routes are the best introduction to the Via Ferrata. Your guide will teach you how to operate the equipment, share basic climbing etiquette and help you become comfortable scrambling around on the rock.
2. Ranger Ridge Area - These intermediate-expert routes vary in length and steepness, and all culminate with spectacular views. There are three suspension bridges and a cable ladder scattered in routes across the ridge. The Double Cross route has two of the bridges and steep vertical terrain making this climb one of the most challenging in the ferrata!
3. Casper Buttress Area - Your abilities will be tested in this challenging zone where the routes get more vertical and exposed. Experience the Crystal Cave route as it takes you in and out of a mid-wall cave and ascends a steep granite slab.
All routes lead you back to the restaurants at Rendezvous Lodge where you can celebrate your mountaineering accomplishments with some delicious food!
Schedule & Rates
Your guide will help determine the best routes for your tour. Never climbed before? Try out the introduction routes for a 1.5- to-2-hour experience. Dig in a bit deeper with the half-day option, or spend the whole day exploring all the routes on the Via Ferrata!
Gateway Loop: 1.5-2 hours
Half Day: 3.5 hours
Full Day: 6 hours
All the questions that are popping into your head right now - ANSWERED!
Via Ferrata is a protected trail or climbing route used in the mountains to make passage easier and more secure. Steel cables, handles and ladder rungs are installed in places where the trail steepens. Participants are secured to the rock by wearing a special harness that attaches to the steel cable. Our Via Ferrata guides will accompany you on your alpine adventure.
The Jackson Hole Via Ferrata is designed to accommodate beginners seeking a taste of the alpine as well as more-experienced folks.
What to Bring
You're in the mountains! The entire Via Ferrata is above 9,000 feet, so plan on bringing the following:
Bringing cameras, cell phones and other devices on the routes will be subject to guides' discretion.
Helmet, harness, lanyards
Salewa, 5.10, and Keen approach shoes (US sizes):
Due to a Teton County ordinance, face coverings are required in all buildings, facilities, and lift lines. We kindly ask you bring your own face coverings. Masks are offered upon request, subject to availability. Learn More
• All staff and participants will be temperature checked prior to starting the activity.
• All participants will complete an ‘exposure questionnaire' form prior to participation.
• All participants will be asked to hand sanitize prior to harnessing.
• Protective face coverings will be worn by guides and participants when unable to maintain social distancing.
• Trip start times will be staggered to enhance social distancing at the base camp and on the routes.
• Guides will carry radios to communicate on course to reduce on-route encounters and congestion.
• Guides will carry hand sanitizer and hand sanitizer will be available at the base camp area.
• All Personal Protective Equipment will be sanitized between each participant and quarantined overnight.
• Any person exhibiting symptoms or who has a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher will not be permitted to participate in Via Ferrata.
Looking for more information?
No problem! Let our friendly, knowledgeable staff help with all your questions regarding Via Ferrata. Request information by email or simply call 307-739-2797.