Open June 12 - October 3, 2021
Early season conditions may exist that could limit terrain selectionVia Ferrata is Jackson Hole Mountain Resort's guided climbing experience. Let our knowledgeable guides lead you on a climbing adventure through the high alpine terrain at Jackson Hole. This memorable experience takes you above the valley floor, across suspended bridges and along granite walls. Via Ferrata is perfect for families, groups or individuals 10 years of age or older.
An additional guide is required for each parent/child pair that includes a child 10-11 years old, or under 88 lbs. If your party requires an additional guide because of these stipulations, please call 307.739.2797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure availability and to book this experience for your family.
SURROUND YOURSELF IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH AN UNFORGETTABLE GUIDED EXPERIENCE
Via Ferrata 2.0
Early season conditions may exist that could limit terrain selectionThe Via Ferrata at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has just been expanded. The world class climbing arena now offers even more challenging routes that will push all levels of climbers. The four new routes Straight Shot, Double Cross, Iron Way and Crystal Cave, ascend Casper Bowl and feature Burma and Tyrolean bridges and a 35ft vertical cable ladder. The hardest route in the Ferrata, Crystal Cave, will test your grit, stamina and nerves. Come ready to experience big exposure and harder moves on the Via Ferrata 2.0, with expertise of your guide and the assurance of the Via Ferrata's cable and lanyard system supporting your adventure.
New Routes Blog
Click map to enlarge
WATCH OUR NEW VIA FERRATA 2.0 VIDEO:
Experience the Via Ferrata
What is a Via Ferrata?
Via Ferrata, translated as "iron way," dates back to WWI. Italian soldiers built via ferratas to safely traverse mountain passes. The recreational use of via ferratas is a staple in the Alps for summer adventure, and Jackson Hole is excited to bring this experience to the Tetons. In this activity, climbers are secured to cables to limit the risk typically associated with unprotected scrambling and climbing. The routes also have aids, such as iron rungs, pegs, carved steps and suspended bridges.
Explore the Routes
There are more than six routes varying in difficulty from introductory zone to more exposed, steep routes. The longest is more than 500 vertical feet and all routes can include a breathtaking experience crossing the 120-foot suspension bridge.
1. Gateway Area - These routes are the best introduction to the Via Ferrata. Your guide will teach you how to operate the equipment, share basic climbing etiquette and help you become comfortable scrambling around on the rock.
2. Ranger Ridge Area - These intermediate-expert routes vary in length and steepness, and all culminate with spectacular views. There are three suspension bridges and a cable ladder scattered in routes across the ridge. The Double Cross route has two of the bridges and steep vertical terrain making this climb one of the most challenging in the ferrata!
3. Casper Buttress Area - Your abilities will be tested in this challenging zone where the routes get more vertical and exposed. Experience the Crystal Cave route as it takes you in and out of a mid-wall cave and ascends a steep granite slab.
All routes lead you back to the restaurants at Rendezvous Lodge where you can celebrate your mountaineering accomplishments with some delicious food!
Schedule & Rates
Early season conditions may exist that could limit terrain selection
$415 for the first 2; additional fee for each person up to 5 people
8:30am and 1:00pm
6 hours (includes lunch)
$565 for the first 2 people; additional fee for each person up to 5 people
Required additional guide for 10-11 year olds and anyone under 88 lbs
Available full and half day
$185 for full day, $155 for half day, based on availability
Available full and half day
An additional guide is required for each parent/child pair that includes a child 10-11 years old or under 88 lbs. If your party requires an additional guide because of these stipulations, then you MUST call 307.739.2797 or email email@example.com to ensure availability and to book this experience for your family. Please call307.739.2797 to make a reservation if you have one or more children under the age of 12.
All tours include guide, harness, lanyards, helmet, and shoes.
All private tours, please meet at Café 6311/MSS Sales desk 20 minutes prior to your tour.
For more information or to book a private tour, please call 307-739-2797 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the questions that are popping into your head right now - ANSWERED!
Via Ferrata is a protected trail or climbing route used in the mountains to make passage easier and more secure. Steel cables, handles and ladder rungs are installed in places where the trail steepens. Participants are secured to the rock by wearing a special harness that attaches to the steel cable. Our Via Ferrata guides will accompany you on your alpine adventure.
The Jackson Hole Via Ferrata is designed to accommodate beginners seeking a taste of the alpine as well as more-experienced folks.
What to Bring
You're in the mountains! The entire Via Ferrata is above 9,000 feet, so plan on bringing the following:
Bringing cameras, cell phones and other devices on the routes will be subject to guides' discretion.
Helmet, harness, lanyards
Salewa, 5.10, and Keen approach shoes (US sizes):
Face coverings required. Learn More
• All staff and participants will be temperature checked prior to starting the activity.
• All participants will complete an ‘exposure questionnaire' form prior to participation.
• All participants will be asked to hand sanitize prior to harnessing.
• Protective face coverings will be worn by guides and participants when unable to maintain social distancing.
• Trip start times will be staggered to enhance social distancing at the base camp and on the routes.
• Guides will carry radios to communicate on course to reduce on-route encounters and congestion.
• Guides will carry hand sanitizer and hand sanitizer will be available at the base camp area.
• All Personal Protective Equipment will be sanitized between each participant and quarantined overnight.
• Any person exhibiting symptoms or who has a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher will not be permitted to participate in Via Ferrata.
Looking for more information?
No problem! Let our friendly, knowledgeable staff help with all your questions regarding Via Ferrata. Request information by email or simply call 307-739-2797.